Just-in-Time (JIT) privileged accounts for Active Directory, designed to provide enhanced security and convenience in managing privileged accounts.
[00:00:00] Welcome to CyberQP. Keeping Privileged Account Secure has always been a core part of the IT universe.
[00:00:10] Accounts with stale passwords are targets for the bad guys. But what if we remove that target? CyberQP offers just in time account creation with just in time.
[00:00:20] You don’t need to keep administrator accounts active. When you need one, we can create it on the fly and then disable it when your task is completed.
[00:00:30] Having zero standing privilege means a sharp uptick in security posture without adding additional complexity to your environment.
[00:00:40] Compliance departments and cyber insurance providers rejoice. That is CyberQP.
Key Features and Capabilities:
- On–Demand Account Creation: Empower select technicians to generate privileged accounts as needed, granting them access to required resources for a specific duration.
- Automatic Password Rotation and Account Disablement: JIT accounts are automatically disabled and passwords are rotated upon expiry. This eliminates the possibility of unauthorized access even if the account details were unintentionally shared or compromised.
- Administrative Controls: Access to this feature will be limited to authorized technicians, with admins receiving notifications for every new JIT account creation. Admins can also delete any JIT account and revoke technician access via the dashboard.
- Auditing and Compliance: JIT accounts generate a comprehensive audit log, providing a detailed record of privileged access activities. This facilitates compliance with regulatory requirements and internal security policies by allowing easy traceability and accountability.
The introduction of Just-in-Time (JIT) accounts marks a significant advancement in privileged access management for MSPs and the process to creating these accounts and passwords on-demand when technicians need them is simple.
- Open the Quickpass Desktop app and login using the same credentials used to log into the Quickpass Dashboard.
- Select the customer for which you want to create a JIT account.
- Click on ‘Just-in-time Accounts’ on the side nav. (Only logins who have access to JIT accounts will see this option.)
- Click the ‘Create JIT account’ button to create a new JIT account.
- On the JIT account creation form, set up the account configuration
From there you can set your JIT Account duration, administrator account type and set the accounts privilege from the list of Active Directory Groups.